Pages - Menu

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Weekly Challenge 180 - The Window

I was ridiculously excited to do the challenge on http://iamthedivaczt.blogspot.com/ this week. Pens and markers were prepared!  I pulled out paper! 

So, this week we were to use MacDee by Anneke Van Dam; instructions are here: http://anneke-merrygoround.blogspot.nl/2013/02/new-tangle-pattern-macdee.html

When I first saw it, I immediately thought of plaid...until I started actually drawing it and realized my version looked nothing like plaid! It reminded me more of a window, so that's what I am calling this piece.

Paper is a blank note card.  Used a Gelli Pad with acrylics for the background.  Gel pen and paint Sharpie for the lines.
 

14 comments:

  1. It does look a lot like a beautiful window. Wonder what's going on inside that warmly lit room? Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing - the background works wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Windows are so intriguing....looks like autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - it's like there is a mystery on the other side of the window.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, definitely loving this! Wonderful use of this pattern and color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely. I like how thick you've made the black to make it look like a window. And I always love to see new uses for all those gelli prints I have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So different, beautiful so are the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely interpretation of MacDee. I like the effect of the colored background and the bold stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very exciting, love your combination of media. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like the background on this. I think it works well on this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! Like you interpretation of this challenge. Great coloured background!

    ReplyDelete